About the Ontario Online Learning Portal for Faculty & Instructors
The Ontario Online Learning Portal for Faculty & Instructors was launched in 2010 as a resource for post-secondary educators in Ontario to find the latest information on new technology and new developments in online learning, as well as practical tips and tools to help them integrate technology in their teaching in a way that improves the learning experience for their students.
The Portal offers faculty and instructors access to:
- Profiles of over 75 pockets of innovation in online and blended learning, faculty training, technological development, and student support services by Ontario’s college and universities;
- A series on game changers in online learning that feature how colleges and universities around the world are transforming the way we teach and learn online;
- A growing collection of analyses and commentaries that track the latest trends and directions in online learning in Ontario, Canada, and around the world;
- Links to close to 40 Ontario college and university teaching and learning services that offer resources and training on how to use technology to enhance student success;
- Practical tips and tools to help you use technology to support the work that you do in the classroom.
About Contact North ǀ Contact Nord
Since it was established in 1986, Contact North ǀ Contact Nord, Ontario’s Distance Education & Training Network has generated and supported more than 315,000 registrations.
Contact North ǀ Contact Nord works in partnership with Ontario’s 24 public colleges, 22 public universities and over 250 public essential skills and training providers to increase and improve online and distance learning opportunities for Ontarians in over 600 small, rural, remote, Aboriginal and Francophone communities across the province.
Students from all walks of life, in all areas of the province, can take the online and distance courses and programs offered by Ontario’s public education and training providers through audio, video and web conferencing platforms available at
Contact North | Contact Nord’s 112 local online learning centres.
We are committed to helping students in communities across Ontario complete the courses and programs they need to achieve their degree, diploma or certificate and meet their education goals. We recognize the need for access to flexible learning opportunities to meet student needs and 24/7 access to information and resources to support their success. Contact North | Contact Nord also acts as an advocate, catalyst and facilitator of innovation in online and distance learning.
At the request of Ontario’s Minister of Training, Colleges and Universities in 2011, Contact North | Contact Nord’s President – Chief Executive Officer, Maxim Jean-Louis, served as Special Advisor to the Minister for an Ontario Online Institute. A three-month engagement process with stakeholders in Ontario’s public post-secondary education and training sector led to the development of a comprehensive report on the engagement process and a series of recommendations to the Minister on the creation of an Ontario Online Institute. Download a copy of the report. This assignment was part of Contact North | Contact Nord’s ongoing contributions to Ontario’s post-secondary education and training sector.